Invite family and friends to celebrate The Fourth of July in your backyard with invigorating drinks, appetizers hot off the grill, scrumptious seafood sides, and celebratory red, white, and blue décor.
Independence Day means fun, family, food, and celebration. These are some of our chosen recipes to make your 4th of July barbeque one to remember. To whet your appetite, enjoy the spicy grilled shrimp or the grilled salmon. There are a plethora of great sides to pair with these two recipes! You can fill your plate with the BBQ deviled eggs, potato salad, or hushpuppies. For a new take on the ever-popular hot dog, try pairing slaw with our grilled skewers—it’ll guarantee you get your Fourth of July vegetables. If you’re searching for BBQ inspiration for your Fourth of July celebration, look no further! Get ready to celebrate our freedom, enjoy the holiday, and try these recipes to make your summer party memorable.
Spicy Grilled Shrimp
This recipe is so fast and easy to prepare! This shrimp recipe will be a hit at your Fourth of July barbeque. And – whether not permitting – they work great under the broiler, too!
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tbsp’s olive oil
- 2 Tbsp’s lemon juice
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled
- 8 wedges lemon, for garnish
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- In a small bowl, crush the garlic with the salt. Mix in cayenne pepper and paprika, and then stir in olive oil and lemon juice to form a paste. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with garlic paste until evenly coated.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
Grilled Salmon Skewers
A delicious skewered salmon appetizer that won’t have you missing your own July 4th party to prepare!
- 1 pound salmon filet without skin
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- Pinch of fresh black pepper
- 12 fresh lemon wedges
- 12 skewers
- Slice salmon lengthwise into 12 long strips, and thread each onto a soaked wooden skewer. Place in a shallow dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper. Pour over skewers, turning to coat. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. When finished marinating, transfer marinade to a small saucepan, and simmer for several minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Thread 1 lemon wedge onto the end of each skewer. Cook skewers on the preheated grill for 4 minutes per side, brushing often with marinade, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Don’t feel like cooking all the sides for your 4th of July party or barbeque? We’ve got you covered because we do take out! Check out our extensive menu.